Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrating Adoption

My favorite adoption poem reads:

"Not flesh of my flesh,
not bone of my bone,
but nevertheless my very own.
Never forget for a single minute,
you were born not under my heart
but in it."

Adoption is such a wonderful gift that can happen to a family. I'm fortunate enough to be a photographer who participates in an amazingly emotional program called Celebrating Adoption, which offers a free photo session to families who have adopted children within the past 12 months as a way of celebrating an addition to the family. Each session also includes a 4x6 print of each image.

Since getting involved in Celebrating Adoption, I've had the opportunity to celebrate with two wonderful families... first with Micah and then with Samuel. I know that the summer months are usually busy with vacations and whatnot, but I'm always looking for a deserving family to take advantage of a free session. So... if you've adopted a child within the past 12 months (or know someone who just adopted), e-mail me and schedule a session to celebrate!




No comments: