Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm so Excited...

I want to sing from the rooftops like the Pointer Sisters did in 1982!

Today the FedEx guy became my best friend, and I made sure to let him know that when he delivered my rented 70-200mm 2.8L IS lens to my doorstep. And it's all mine for the next 30 days!
I have two weddings coming up in July: Desiree and Stephen's wedding in Gainesville, Florida and Rachel and Adam's wedding in the Atlanta area. In order to make sure I'm prepared for all situations, I decided to rent a lens I've had my eye on for a while. I've heard this lens can have magical stealth modes and because of the focal distance I'll be able to snap images without the person even knowing! Wedding guests... watch out! Renting was much more friendly to my wallet, as the real deal is over $1k.
The one thing I have to work on before these weddings though are my arm muscles. Take a look at this bad boy:

2 comments:

Lindsi Jones Photography said...

I have that one. It is very heavy!

Jen E. said...

OH that is a heavy one! I hope you are enjoying it. I loooved renting lenses, gave me such a great motivation to save up $$ for purchases!