Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Merry Birthday!

On the weekend of January 12, I drove up to Atlanta to spend time with my mom and brother. They spent Christmas with my grandparents in Florida, while I spent Christmas with my husband's family in Atlanta.
Not only were we celebrating our Christmas, but my mom's birthday was the 12th, and my brother's birthday was yesterday. So... we had a Merry Birthday celebration! I had such a fun time with them; it was wonderful being able to spend uninterrupted time together. We went to IKEA (my first experience!), ate wonderful Atlanta food, and just "hung out".
Saturday night after mom's birthday dinner, we went home for our Christmas/birthday exchanging. I was so excited, as I KNEW that I had gotten Brian the COOLEST Christmas/Birthday present ever (which I taunted him with that saying all day!) He told my mom in November that he wanted a bass guitar for Christmas. I knew that it would be a stretch for my mom to get one, so I did some thinking... and remembered that my husband had an electric guitar that he hadn't played in a few years. We ended up getting new strings, and cleaning up a few parts for him. Needless to say, my brother freaked out, as you can see in the following collage:



Mom also loved her Christmas gift... a set of three framed landscape images I took last year. I can't wait to see them hanging in her house!

1 comment:

Jen E. said...

you are a wonderful sister and daughter and person! i
am so glad i "know" you! ! great job on the gifts!